This Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") describes the proper kinds of conduct and prohibited uses of WideDomain Internet's hosting services. This AUP is not exhaustive and WideDomain Internet reserves the right to modify this AUP at any time, effective upon posting of the modified AUP at www.widedomain.com. By registering for and using WideDomain Internet's hosting services, and thereby accepting the terms and conditions of this AUP, you agree to abide by these conditions as modified from time to time. Any violation of the AUP may result in the suspension or termination of your account or such other action as WideDomain Internet deems appropriate.
WIDEDOMAIN INTERNET DOES NOT ALLOW ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CONTENT TO BE STORED ON ITS SERVERS:
- Illegal Material - Includes the illegal use if copyrighted material, works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation.
- Adult Material - Includes all pornography, erotic images, or otherwise obscene content. The designation of "adult material" is left entirely to the discretion of WideDomain Internet.
- Warez - Includes pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking. IP spoofing, etc., and encrypting of any of the above. Also includes any sites which provide "links to" or "how to" information about such material.
- Violent Content - Includes the promotion of war, hatred, racism, weapons. The designation of "violent material" is left entirely at the discretion of WideDomain Internet.
1. Server Abuse Policy: If we determine that any site on our servers is using too much of the server's resources and therefore abusing the server, we have the right to suspend that domain without any notice. It is then up to you to contact us and formulate a plan to get that domain activated again. We are quick to suspend any domain that abuses the server's resources due to the shared nature of the server and the negative impact an abusing domain has on other domains on the same server.
2. SPAM Policy: WideDomain Internet is committed to a zero-tolerance, anti-Spamming policy. Under this policy, we prohibit Spam, or any unsolicited commercial email, from being sent either: Over the WideDomain Internet network, by customers or any other users of the WideDomain Internet network (including customers' customers); AND/OR over ANY network if the message sent advertises or mentions a site hosted on the WideDomain Internet server.
We react quickly and seriously to violations, and we further reserve the right to terminate the services, without prior notice, of any customer disregarding this policy. Sending unsolicited commercial email (a.k.a. "spam"), cross-posting messages to a large number of Usenet groups, posting obscene or threatening messages while using or referring to an WideDomain Internet email address or web site URL is prohibited. The use of WideDomain Internet servers as a mail drop for responses to activities described above is also prohibited. Accounts cancelled due to spam will be billed a "clean up" fee of $500.
If your domain is involved in spamming activities, and your account is subsequently terminated, then you do not have the right for a refund. This also includes if you have paid for additional services, such as installations of software or IP addresses.
If you have any complaints or comments regarding Spam on our network, please direct them via email to email@example.com
3. Content Policy: All services provided by WideDomain Internet may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any United States Federal, State or City law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, trademark, intellectual property, material we judge to be threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade secret and other statute without proper authorization. The subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold harmless WideDomain Internet from any claims resulting from the use of the service which damages the subscriber or any other party.
Pornography and sex-related merchandising is prohibited on all WideDomain Internet servers. This includes sites that may infer sexual content, or links to adult content elsewhere. WideDomain Internet will be the sole arbiter in determining violations of this provision.
Also prohibited are sites that promote any illegal activity or present content that may be damaging to WideDomain Internet servers or any other server on the internet. Links to such materials are also prohibited.
WideDomain Internet does not host sites of its competitors or web pages promoting sites of its competitors.
Any illegal activity, including adult content, links to adult content web sites, spamming or hacking will result in your site being shut down and all your files deleted without warning. WideDomain Internet will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision.
4. Email Policy: WideDomain Internet may not be the source, intermediary, or destination address involved in the transmission of any unsolicited email, email bombs, hate email, or any mass email. Your email account may not be referenced as originator, intermediary, or reply-to address of such email. We consider mass email any email message sent to more than 25 email addresses or more than 10 news groups.
No mass email marketing or free email businesses allowed!!
We do not allow mass email marketing sites on our servers. It doesn't matter if it's opt_in email marketing. We simply do not allow sites of that nature to be hosted on this shared environment. Sites such as "safe lists" and "free email" are also strictly prohibited. We reserve the right to shutdown such sites, that we consider harmful to the server's performance.
5. CGI Scripts Policy: Each account comes with its own cgi-bin. You are free to use any CGI scripts you wish, [as long as they are not on our banned script's list below] however we reserve the right to disable any CGI script that effects normal server operation or service to other WideDomain Internet customers. You will be notified in 24 hours about offending cgi script. No chat room or similar scripts allowed.
WideDomain Internet is not responsible for scripts that you use in your hosting. It is not our responsibility to ensure your scripts function. Please don't expect our support techs to troubleshoot aspects of your scripts or third party scripts that you use on your sites hosted on our servers.
6. Banned Scripts: The following scripts are banned due to these scripts causing harm to other sites on the same server:
- UltimateBBS (all versions)
- Ikonboard (all versions)
- YABB & YABB se (all versions)
- Greymatter (all versions)
- IRC Egg Drops & IRC related programs (chat software)
- Proxy Servers
- The Anonymizer
- formmail.pl -- An acceptable alternative is the NMS FormMail Script
- Shell, SSH, Telnet Scripts and Shell, SSH, Telnet Alternatives
- Any script that uses & processes a massive number of flatfiles or large flatfile databases.
If we find banned scripts active in your account, we will disable or remove the offending script and send you an email notifying you of our actions.
If you are worried about a script you intend to use, please send an inquiry to us with as much detail on how the script functions and anything else you feel we should know about the script. Please do not ask us if "Script X" is ok without providing any information on the script. There are thousands if not millions of scripts available and there are only a few of those we may be familiar with.
7. SSH Policy: WideDomain Internet enforces a strict "No SSH" policy. Any domain that uses a script which can be used to elevate privileges or enable SSH services, will be instantly suspended.
8. Traffic Policy: WideDomain Internet allows for very generous traffic, and most sites never exceed 500MB per month, unless they offer shareware, sound, video, image and multimedia archives, are mirror sites or any site whose primary purpose is file distribution. WideDomain Internet customers are discouraged from storing any files that cause excessive traffic on WideDomain Internet servers. Please contact WideDomain Internet Technical Support team for more information. Again, 99% of the sites do not fall into this category and never reach our traffic limits.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason not prohibited by law. Also we reserve the right to terminate service to any customer for any reason not prohibited by law.
Any deliberate attempt to cause damage to WideDomain Internet or any other Internet servers will result in immediate account deactivation without prior notice. No refund is given in this case.
All account plans come with a predetermined amount of traffic allowance. We monitor all accounts and bill $4.00 for each 2MB of traffic exceeded. You will NOT be charged for transfer that you use beyond our generous data transfer limits without prior notification. You can monitor your transfer at anytime in your online cPanel Control Panel.
WideDomain Internet reserves the right to amend our Acceptable Use Policy at any time and without notice.